Call Us Confidentially Now
- Law School:
Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., 2005
University of Albany, B.A., 2001
- New York, 2007
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York, 2008
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2012
Sarah Gold’s focus is primarily for-profit and non-profit businesses and organizations.
She represents companies of all sizes and stages of development, from one person startups to established corporations that seek legal counsel in employment law, leasing, contracts and administrative law issues. Ms. Gold has formed numerous non-profits, assisting through filing paperwork with New York, creation of by-laws, as well as 501(c)(3) filings and state compliance issues that arise with charitable entities. In her previous firm, she worked extensively in the hedge fund industry, negotiating and drafting contractual agreements with some of the largest banks in the world.
In addition, Ms. Gold also lectures regularly at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) on Business Law and Ethics at the Lally School of Management & Technology.
Ms. Gold is extensively involved with the New York State Bar Association. She is the current Chair of the Business Law Section, Past Chair of the Young Lawyers Section, and involved with the Law, Youth, and Citizenship Committee, Committee on Leadership Development, and the Electronic Communications Committee. She is also Corresponding Secretary of the Capital District Women’s Bar Association as well as Co-Chair of the Small and Solo Committee of the Albany County Bar Association. She has been named an Upstate New York Super Lawyers Rising Star for Business/Corporate Law from 2013-present.
Presentations and Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, Cloud Computing: Come Out of the Fog, CLE, Schenectady Bar Association, 2016
- Speaker, Formations Demystified, CLE, New York State Bar Association, 2015
- Speaker, Non-Profit Formations for Charitable Minded Professionals, Upstate Professional Women, 2015
- Speaker, Legal Issues Facing Small Businesses, Femfessionals, 2015
- Speaker, Small Business Formation, CLE, New York State Bar Association, 2015
- Speaker, Social Media Ethics and Marketing for Attorneys, CLE, Albany County Bar Association, 2014
- Speaker, Starting Your Own Law Firm, CLE, Albany Law School, 2014
- Speaker, Formation of Tech & Non-Tech Startups, CLE, New York State Bar Association, 2014
- Speaker, Liking Ethics: A Guide to Social Media and the NYS Rules of Professional Conduct, CLE, New York State Bar Association, 2014
- Legal Advisor, Sunmark FCU Business Grant Competition, 2013
- Speaker, Re-Imagining Your Practice: Examining the Ethical and Practical Aspects of Technology and the Law, CLE, New York State Bar Association, 2013
- Albany-Colonie Chamber of Commerce Entrepreneur Boot Camp Legal Seminars, Albany, NY, 2012 – Present
- Speaker, Online and On Call: Ethical Perspectives on 24/7 Availability and Social Media, CLE, New York State Bar Association, 2013
- Speaker, Building Your Socially Savvy Ethical Law Firm, CLE, New York State Bar Association, 2012
- Judge, We The People State Hearings, NYSBA Committee on Law, Youth and Citizenship, 2009, 2011-2014
- “Many Questions Remain About the UBE,” New York Law Journal, January 26, 2015
- “A Profile in Leadership – Lillian Moy” NYSBA Women’s Community, p.2, Summer (2013)
- “Is Law School Merely Trade School?” Perspective, New York State Bar Association, p.9, Spring (2013)
- “Pro Bono and the Aspiring New York Lawyer, What You Need to Know,” Perspective, New York State Bar Association, p.8, Spring (2013)
- “Attending Section Meetings,” Electronically In Touch, http://nysbar.com/blogs/EIT/2012/06/section_meetings.html, June 1, 2012